Saturday, March 30, 2013

Where Have I Been?



I’m sure I’m not the only one that is pretty proud when life is going good.  I tend to think
pretty highly of myself for good decisions made, positive interactions with family, friends
and co-workers.  Even want to pat myself on the back for the successes of my children.
And, believe it or not, somehow seem to think I’ve got it all under control!  And, you
know who else is pretty happy for me to take the credit?  Yes, Satan.

Ultimately, life happens and I find myself searching for God and answers to why things
aren’t the way that I had planned for them to be.  Imagine that; searching for God!?!
When in reality, as He promised, He was always with me.  It was I who wandered
away (on my own parade).

Life is filled with both blessings and trials and God desires to be involved in both.  I am
blessed with a heavenly Father that loves me so much that he sent His Son to pay for
my sins, short-comings and pride.

In Psalm 16, David gives credit where credit is due.  In verses 7 & 8 he writes:

I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.  I have
set the LORD always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Prayer:  Father, thank you for your unconditional love for us.  I pray for an awakening in
your church and in the hearts of all believers during this Lenten season.  I pray that your
children may put you first in all that is done in your name.  That we realize we cannot do
Godly ministry without a hunger to know your will.  Help us to be still and take time to be
silent to listen for your voice.  In Your Son’s precious name.  Amen.

Trent Cronk

No comments:

Post a Comment