Monday, March 12, 2012

Life



In reading this passage of scripture over and over I kept focusing on certain points brought out in it.

We are always so quick to be all smiles, happy and ready to praise God when life is going smooth.  But we can soon forget his power and glory when handed a rough, hard patch to deal with in our lives.

Our lives can have many times with ups and downs.  Lately in my life I seem to have been distracted in many ways and not reaching out to the Lord as I should be doing.  In doing this it seems as if I have retreated into a shell and created a very lonely existence, but I know through scripture that God’s unfailing love will always be there for me to help me rise above the problems in my daily life.  Without the love and support that I get from my faith in my God, the trials that I am facing in my life would be overwhelming.

Prayer: Oh Lord, I earnestly search for you this day in this weary place in my life.  Let me see you and look upon your power and glory.  Draw me into your Spirit to truly experience your loving-kindness.  How I praise you!  I lift my hands to you in prayer.  Thank you for your promise that those who seek you will find you.  Amen.

D’Ann Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment